Site dedicated to the limited edition 2006 MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit and all things MINI.
The MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit was first presented to the public during MINI United held in Misano, Italy on October 28th, 2005 and made its official release at the Geneva Auto Show on February 28th, 2006. Here is what makes this MINI so special…..
- Hand-built by Bertone, Italy as a limited production run of 2000 worldwide (415 for US).
- Modification to the intercooler as well as engine tuning measures have boosted the power output of the 1.6 liter supercharged engine to 218 bhp and 180 ft-lbs of torque allowing it to achieve 0-60mph in 6.2 seconds and an impressive top speed of 146mph.
- Thoroughly revised aerodynamics front and rear aprons, rear spoiler, lowered side sills and underbody paneling helpachieve significant reduced drag coefficient of0.348, roughly 10 per cent improvement over theCooper S.
- Exclusive Thunder Blue body color combined with Pure Silver Roof and Chili Red exterior mirrors.
- Exclusive 18″ Light Alloy Wheels
- Exclusive Anthracite speedometer and rev counter dials
- Enhanced JCW Braking and JCW Suspension.
- Weight savings achieved by removing the rear seats, reduced sound-deadening, deleting the rear wash-wipe, substituting rear aluminum control armsreduce the overall weight resulted in a weight saving of around ~40 kg over a Cooper S.